xense-devel

RE: RE: RE: [Xen-devel] Help: Could anybody k now about the Intel' s "La

To: <xenway@xxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: RE: RE: [Xen-devel] Help: Could anybody k now about the Intel' s "LaGrande" techno l ogies? Did the Xen be under develo pment u sing this stuff?
From: "Cihula, Joseph" <joseph.cihula@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 16:47:29 -0800
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, xense-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 16:47:24 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I'm not sure what work David was specifically referring to, but Xen can be used to build a model similar to that of NGSCB (though I'm not aware of anyone (else) trying to do so).

There has been a general consensus among the people working on security-related aspects of Xen that it should be better "partitioned" to follow the principle of least privilege.  This would include moving the vTPM system into a separate domain, de-privileging dom0, etc.  I had started work on extracting vTPM but that has been postponed due to more pressing work at my real job.  I have not heard of any active work on dom0 de-privileging.

Any contributions you would like to make to the security of Xen would be most welcomed and I'm sure that you will have no difficulty finding people willing to answer any questions that you may have as you work on it.

Joe