xense-devel

Re: [Xense-devel] [Q] about ACM/IA64 status

To: xense-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xense-devel] [Q] about ACM/IA64 status
From: Reiner Sailer <sailer@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 23:57:11 -0400
Delivery-date: Wed, 31 May 2006 20:57:29 -0700
Sender: xense-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hello Atsushi,

thank you for your interest.

> But At this moment,  Xen/IA64 CS10233(Xen-IA64-Unstable)
> seems not support ACM.(I checked it by acm_init)

We aim to support with the ACM all Xen platforms, including IA64, as soon as possible. The place where I know that  we must check the architecture is the place you are correclty pointing out: where the ACM reads the security policy at boot time from the memory (where grub has placed it).  The access/address translation to this memory region is architecture dependent.

We will put this support item high up on our list of essential items to fix. Until we are able to add this support, you might get around this problem by loading the security policy manually after the boot instead of configuring a boot policy (using 'xm loadpolicy'). I currently work on I386 platforms and I would be interested if this the only dependency on IA64 and if this work-around succeeds (compilation and run-time).

This is a pretty active time and we are constantly working to complete the coverage of the ACM (resources and network, architecture support). Feedback, such as yours,  is of great value to us!

Kindest Regards
Reiner