RE: [Xen-users] ubuntu 11.10, system V runlevel compatability

Hi.  Thanks for the response.

I installed lightdm-gtk-greeter (having been through all of the previous steps I mentioned above) and rebooted.  I was presented with a graphical login screen but it wouldn't accept my credentials (neither root nor user).  Also, I lost ssh access!  Let me ask:

1) is an X front end login screen a necessity to make xen work on ubuntu 11.10 (I'd rather not have an X server running)
2) the other steps you mentioned - are these required also to address my problem?  If so, please could you specify what I have to do load the backend and other mentioned modules (err yes, sorry, I one of the newbies).  Is it 'modprobe...' for each of the named modules?  Does this need doing manually each time I reboot?  As you'll gather, I haven't tried these yet...

Thanks for looking at this.