Re: [Xen-users] Xen IB

Could anyone define what "support" means?
We bought Mellanox connect-x2 cards 1+ years  ago and
we are still waiting for the drivers which they promised
at that time.  The last we talked to them the only
supported drivers are for VMware and even those are not
using the SR-IOV feature.  What they are working on for KVM
and Xen according to them is just a driver that presents
the IB card to the VM as a big network pipe, not something
that is recognizable with any regular mellanox driver
or that can be used with regular IB MPI drivers.

I hope I'm wrong and someone has got it working somewhere
because we have a lot of cash sunk into these cards
but the latest we heard from mellanox is that they still have
both software and firmware issues to be resolved.

Steve Timm