[Xen-users] [XCP/Kronos/XenSource] Fast cloning with copy-on-write

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] [XCP/Kronos/XenSource] Fast cloning with copy-on-write
From: "msgbox450@xxxxxxxxx" <msgbox450@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2011 12:37:04 +0100
Delivery-date: Sat, 29 Oct 2011 04:38:32 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I've just been playing with XenSource and Kronos packages, but the fast cloning ability from XenServer doesn't appear to be available. Where does this come from exactly, is it something built into Xen or is there a component of XenServer that's needed to handle it?

I was hoping to use Xen on Debian with my web app controlling it using either XAPI or Libvirt, but I can't seem to reproduce the fast-cloning functionality I get in XCP 1.0 with XenCenter then...

Thanks :D