Re: [Xen-users] Xen Cloud Platform maximum configurations

On Mon, Oct 24, 2011 at 3:37 AM, Rafael Weingartner
<rafaelweingartner@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> It is a project for course conclusion.

> The platforms that I am describing
> are Xen Cloud Platform, VMware, and Microsoft and IBM cloud solutions.
> Now I am writing about the relationship between Mainframe and cloud
> computing. I am showing why I think that IBM cloud solution (System Z
> enterprise, Z/vm and Tivoli) is one of the best way to apply the cloud
> computing concepts.

You do know that IBM also offers cloud solution based on x86 and power, right?
And if I'm not mistaken the x86 solution can also manage Xen hypervisor.

> And Finally I am proposing the use of Mainframe platform to apply the cloud
> computing concepts to deliver infrastructure as a service.
> I am not an IBMer, yet. I think the Mainframe (System Z) and its
> architecture are the best platform to apply the cloud computing concepts

is this a complete comparison with real-word use, complete with total
cost of ownership calculation, or is it a purely theoretical and
technical paper?

Saying the mainframe is the best platform for cloud computing is like
saying all taxi should be BMW.

--
Fajar