Re: [Xen-users] centos 6 xen?

To: Digimer <linux@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] centos 6 xen?
From: Grant McWilliams <grantmasterflash@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2011 11:38:00 -0700
Cc: Xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Eduardo Bragatto <eduardo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Fri, 07 Oct 2011 11:39:11 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
As I understand it, KVM gave them the same capabilities for less overhead. Simple business math. I really don't think there was any animosity in the decision, and I don't see why they wouldn't restore support if it can be done within a fair budget and there is sufficient demand (as I suspect there is).

In the end though, this is my conjecture only based on watching the two hypervisors over the last couple of years.

Xen will be in all future Linux kernels. A distributor would have to go through extra work to remove it. This is why RHEL will more than likely have it.

Grant McWilliams
http://grantmcwilliams.com/

Some people, when confronted with a problem, think "I know, I'll use Windows."
Now they have two problems.