[Xen-users] XCP: Support for driver domains

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] XCP: Support for driver domains
From: Jason Sonnek <jsonnek@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2011 07:39:36 -0500
Delivery-date: Sat, 24 Sep 2011 05:41:10 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Does Xen Cloud Platform (XCP) support the notion of a driver domain? I can assign a VIF to a domain, but it seems that I can only attach that VIF to a network. What I'd like to do is attach the front-end VIF in one domain to a backend running in another domain. The second domain will control the physical interface (via PCI passthrough). This use case is easily supported using Xen + xm/xend, but I see know way to change the backend associated with a VIF in XCP using xe.

Thanks!

Jason