Re: [Xen-users] xcp licence and yum update/upgrade

To: Tobias Dinse <tobias.dinse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] xcp licence and yum update/upgrade
From: Todd Deshane <todd.deshane@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2011 00:42:21 -0400
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Tue, 30 Aug 2011 21:44:12 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:sender:in-reply-to:references:from:date :x-google-sender-auth:message-id:subject:to:cc:content-type; bh=LBDkzFzcDfEXf5J7HQQRxrYqpyLli64Nya5ncnKBVOU=; b=wduA6nwb7GZnB/fmL9YfJw6vAyq4Xeay+Ai9G53lMHqJwYOaN8J3YkOe4WL03Nyzh7 zs/561L6gD8l2Eh93S4TV8AL5Y+cd9QWTJ2+n4MayN85siWVfzxuiyC+TfrphMw1yxmI DHDUY2IhR0cwDzsxR2kszQEd4peRM8rLpL8vI=
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Tue, Aug 30, 2011 at 9:14 AM, Tobias Dinse
<tobias.dinse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I tried do compile drbd for xcp 1.1b but it cant install some needed
> packages from yum because "yum update" and "yum install" always fails with
> the same error which was written by Menox on 01/11/2010:

You need to enable the proper yum repo and disable the Citrix updates one.

As an example of the repo to enable see:
http://wiki.openstack.org/XenServerDevelopment#Prepare_XenServer

> On the last Post in this "thread" on
> http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-users/2010-01/msg00263.html is
> a link for a licence problem fix. My licence is still active so it must be
> an other error? Where I can get an longer Licence? Isnt xcp free? I m a
> little bit confused now.

There is a fix for this issue coming with the next 1.1 RC, there is a
workaround for now:

http://xen.markmail.org/search/?q=xcp+license+expiry+state.db#query:xcp%20license%20expiry%20state.db+page:1+mid:pepibjrn2r3mztoc+state:results

> Any Idea why I cant use yum? Can someone post me his Config file with the
> URL?

You won't be able to use yum for the updates yet. Project Kronos [1]
is working on debian package support and Fedora/CentOS is likely to
follow, which would make it easier to support a yum update.

Thanks,
Todd

[1] http://blog.xen.org/index.php/2011/07/22/project-kronos/

--