Re: [Xen-users] Help with Citrix XenServer

To: J <dreadpiratejeff@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Help with Citrix XenServer
From: Mike McClurg <mike.mcclurg@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2011 07:35:32 +0100
Cc: "xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <Xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Wed, 24 Aug 2011 23:37:13 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On 08/25/2011 01:58 AM, J wrote:
Hi,

It's been forever and a day since I last posted here, mainly because I
haven't touched Xen in a few years now due to job changes... But now
I've been handed a project to work with XenServer, Citrix's commercial
grade Xen.

So, I wanted to ask if there were any people here with experience
using XenServer, XenCenter and so on, or if you knew of a better list
to ask on.  For now, I am evaluating and doing exploratory testing, so
I don't have any support from Citrix.

Mainly, I'm interested in learning how to create and control DomUs
from CLI... I used to have this completely scripted when using Xen on
top of RHEL and SLES, but with XenServer, it's a bit different, more
like using VMWare ESX.  So, any help for me? Or at least any better
places to ask?

This is a good place to ask. You may want to start with the XenServer Admin Guide, which has a bit of a CLI reference in it: http://docs.vmd.citrix.com/XenServer/5.6.0sp2/1.0/en_gb/

If you like to use IRC, the #xen-api channel on freenode is also a good place.

Mike