RE: [Xen-users] Problems removing GPLPV - blue screen

To: "Ian Tobin" <itobin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] Problems removing GPLPV - blue screen
From: "James Harper" <james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2011 14:02:31 +1000
Delivery-date: Mon, 22 Aug 2011 21:04:52 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> We have an exchange 2010 DAG setup but during replication a lot of the
time
> the destination DomU would lock up completely.  After a lot of testing
it
> boiled down to the GPLPV drivers so after trying to uninstall we are
getting
> the blue screen with 07B at boot up.
>
> I realise I forgot to run the uninstall script before unstalling from
the
> control panel but now we can't get the DomU back up and running.  Ive
have
> also tried with the NOGPLPV option but makes no difference.
>
> Can someone advise the best way in getting the host back up, im
guessing the
> registry has the incorrect driver entries. The OS is Windows 2008 R2.

Attach the boot disk to another DomU and load the SYSTEM registry hive
(C:\Windows\system32\config\SYSTEM). Look for xenpci in any UpperFilter
(and maybe LowerFilter) key values and remove it. Then unload the hive
and detach the boot disk and it should boot.

I may have fixed the network problem you are seeing, and could give you
a link to the latest binary if you are in a position to test it.

James