Re: [Xen-users] GUI suggestions for XCP (archipel?)

To: Greg Moeller <skywise@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] GUI suggestions for XCP (archipel?)
From: Todd Deshane <todd.deshane@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2011 22:59:06 -0400
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Tue, 09 Aug 2011 20:00:47 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:sender:in-reply-to:references:from:date :x-google-sender-auth:message-id:subject:to:cc:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; bh=87NVP4gDmoCWkqXUp02ZweS5Tm6VGkPE4QnTdZd0E78=; b=fZ9Y9njRIJitY4URnA7F3trMnbdJ/ZaI/JfHPxhHWeykHYh9fkLBdi50uvq8BdDUlA LWgy8hXiNyYSCQTDjC5RXLeUqQA59euKlCwWjq1dyRpECVTNfOlmOQKWWCLsYlWzwdq6 wMMDWNmGE7AYcI5Kfer91LSn4jp3pRUWoO1Cw=
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Tue, Aug 9, 2011 at 10:27 PM, Greg Moeller <skywise@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I've just installed XCP and am looking about for a good GUI to control it.
> I'm not a windows person at all so would prefer a non-windows solution (ESXi
> really bugs me in that regard)
> Web based would be great, then it wouldn't matter what system controlled
> it.  (I usually use a Mac but also run Linux desktops)
> Has archipel  been tried?  Opinions on ease of install/use?

http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/XCP_Projects
OpenXenManger (its web-based version XenWebManager) and XVP are both quite good.

A quick look at Archipel indicates that it is libvirt only. Maybe they
would be interested in adding XenAPI support.

(libvirt and XenAPI differences are discussed here:
http://wiki.openstack.org/XenAPI)

Thanks,
Todd

--