Re: [Xen-users] XEN infrastructure setup question

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] XEN infrastructure setup question
From: George Shuklin <george.shuklin@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 03 Aug 2011 20:07:29 +0400
Delivery-date: Wed, 03 Aug 2011 09:09:31 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=subject:from:to:in-reply-to:references:content-type:date:message-id :mime-version:x-mailer:content-transfer-encoding; bh=66hb6ITApKEW+BITL4etryLx7XkgE4jx3U9HCp5lZ6U=; b=ED0JhRUxqV20/er9Cp4pB59+GV3mdRwng7oa9La9UIy63G2fw002hxo0vNOtLdDvVs m/UhavzmllJoPC0ryUA3q5T3cVyUJkRHfxyIpLrv17F5b0pFjyTvPi3cnDoM4QhF7bAk YtYXMd+cxSbyBQLgzB3/VPpexXVDR2bYNvqVo=
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I just want to note that snapshots in LVM are reverse-differential, so
every write operation will write to every snapshot (5 snapshots, 6 write
operations instead one).

In product environment under high load this can cause a huge impact on
IO performance.