Re: [Xen-users] Use always the same DomID

To: Luciano Barreto <lucianobarreto@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Use always the same DomID
From: Diego Augusto Molina <diegoaugustomolina@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2011 19:13:43 -0300
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Mon, 01 Aug 2011 15:14:57 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :cc:content-type:content-transfer-encoding; bh=T/SfxSfVu2zchgjpv7yAontkfRR+AVQ0oC2x1BKosCM=; b=Lw4XoidlxKw6Smdv4nhKQzfBmV+FATd4Udyy5KENNjnRcsWD2Fso4mwzZgXtbUFWgb KOAwSC7e3/54v8SWPwj+9JtrRcxP3KaS+lx5sUd2vH6FL6x4ErNreMa9z3ujQXLv9rSa 3H9Od4/4gnKiPdJv5wa+iYZTOAFKOOACUraCQ=
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
AFAIK there is no control over the DomID and no intention to ever have
it either. What you can do about is to get the DomID of a DomU
currently running if you know it's symbolic name (the one given with
the `name' configuration parameter, which is also unique at any
moment). A quick example is the command:
# xm domid <DOMAIN-NAME>
That would give you the DomID of the currently running Domain whose
symbolic name is `<DOMAIN-NAME>'. Inspect the source of the `xm'
command to get the programmatic low-level way to do that and thus
don't depend on the command line.

--
Diego Augusto Molina
diegoaugustomolina@xxxxxxxxx

ES: Por favor, evite adjuntar documentos de Microsoft Office. Serán
desestimados.
EN: Please, avoid attaching Microsoft Office documents. They shall be discarded.
LINK: http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html