Re: [Xen-users] XCP 1.0 installation on 32-Bit CPU

To: Amit More <amore@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] XCP 1.0 installation on 32-Bit CPU
From: Mike McClurg <mike.mcclurg@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2011 11:41:33 +0100
Cc: "xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Fri, 29 Jul 2011 03:42:44 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On 28/07/11 19:25, Amit More wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I am new to XCP and have been reading about it for quite a while now. The
> mailing list discussion says it only supports 64-bit CPU (ref:
> http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-api/2011-02/msg00132.html). I
> would like to know  whether XCP 1.0 can  be installed on a 32-bit CPU with
> some workaround.
>
> I would appreciate all your help. Thanks in advance.

XCP 1.0 requires a 64-bit CPU. While XCP's dom0 is 32-bit, the Xen
hypervisor it includes is 64-bit. With Project Kronos, where we're
porting XenAPI to run on Debian, it might be possible to install a
32-bit hypervisor, and then install XenAPI on top of that. The XenAPI
Debian packages are pre-alpha right now, so this won't be an option for
you for another couple months.

Mike