[Xen-users] [GPLPV] Xennet device issues on Win2k3 x32 DomU/Disabling ju

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] [GPLPV] Xennet device issues on Win2k3 x32 DomU/Disabling just one PV device
From: Vchat20 <vchat20@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2011 23:53:01 -0400
Delivery-date: Wed, 27 Jul 2011 20:54:43 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi there.

I have been dealing with a conundrum off and on with a VPS of mine. Windows 2003 Standard 32 bit on a Xen HVM instance. Been trying to get the GPLPV drivers working to help boost performance but always seem to run into one major issue: The PV network device looks like it works but actual connectivity is non-existant. Everything else in the GPLPV driver suite works fine.

What I want to know is if it is possible to just disable the network device part of GPLPV and revert it to the Qemu network card or if it is an all or nothing deal? While getting the core problem actually fixed would be cool, it is starting to look more and more like a host issue and, unfortunately, trying to get anything beyond real basic support tasks accomplished is like pulling teeth. And anything needing interaction with THEIR host I might as well be talking to a brick wall (This is more or less a case of 'You get what you pay for'. I'm willing to deal with the support issues as 99% I can sort on my own and the costs are hard to ignore. But this is besides the point and would rather not discuss what I am already aware of).

Thanks!