Re: [Xen-users] XCP GUI help needed

To: Mike Galvez <late2werk@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] XCP GUI help needed
From: Todd Deshane <todd.deshane@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2011 18:49:42 -0400
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Wed, 27 Jul 2011 15:53:09 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:sender:in-reply-to:references:from:date :x-google-sender-auth:message-id:subject:to:cc:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; bh=Xz5AOzn33dZaIabX02587cmSxbo1rwgGcJDm/fuPSII=; b=kNvtIDCkFg3KOViydVbnFPLFWmuiyCt7UwYqqfFwHGvmCPvRdN7dlydEn2jdVeaYTL p7yWTT11vL4yoQk7A+5cMjCCFoP4QhXFbxzpLaDgxRDNLSwh1CLhg1miJzd+UW0z1RUS LWfBUoWiBVcgvwk2XN3Ei7pDW1xH9ywChcWS8=
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Wed, Jul 27, 2011 at 1:04 PM, Mike Galvez <late2werk@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
> I am a newb to XCP and somewhat to Linux. I set up XCP on a test machine and
> used xe to configure a couple of VMs. The VMs are working fine but if I
> deploy XCP with only xe to manage machines, the others here will want my
> head on a plate.  I set up a Fedora client on a different machine and
> installed Virtual Machine Manager. When trying to connect via SSH, I get an
> error that says "Unable to open a connection to the libvirt management
> daemon."
> I looked through the XCP setup and management guides and didn't see anything
> mentioned about starting daemons for remote management. Is anyone doing this
> successfully?

This is the best place to start:
http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/XCP_Projects

Thanks,