[Xen-users] PXE install of DOMU HVM

To: Xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] PXE install of DOMU HVM
From: Andrew Wells <agwells0714@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2011 08:26:02 -0400
Delivery-date: Thu, 14 Jul 2011 05:27:29 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I was pulling my hair out and having rage smokes over this and finally figured out my problem a few moments ago, but I would just to know why this made such a huge difference.

I was attempting to pxe install my VirtualMachines, after several different configurations with the drives labeled sda and sdb
everything installed fine except the vm complained that the bootloader could not be found.

I then attempted different options with the kickstart configuration files..... no avail

This morning I changed the kickstart to the way I had it before, except I changed the VM configuration and everything else from sda sdb to hda and hdb

why does this make the difference? why do bootloaders install/detected correctly when called hda and hdb, and not when they are called sda and sdb?

Andrew