Re: [Xen-users] 64bit Windows Guest Blue Screens on install

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Steve Allison" <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] 64bit Windows Guest Blue Screens on install
From: "Garreth McDaid" <garreth.mcdaid@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2011 12:24:48 +0100
Delivery-date: Mon, 20 Jun 2011 04:26:12 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I had a similar problem, and the way I fixed it was I re-downloaded the ISO, so it may of just been bad media for me.

With the Technet/MSDN ISO and the official OEM DVD I was getting BSOD just like you, after it loaded files, prior to GUI with STOP message "bad_system_config_info".

However I downloaded the evaluation ISO at http://download.microsoft.com/download/7/5/E/75EC4E54-5B02-42D6-8879-D8D3A25FBEF7/7601.17514.101119-1850_x64fre_server_eval_en-us-GRMSXEVAL_EN_DVD.iso and it worked fine, and activated with my OEM key.

I'm actually using the downloadable eval ISO. I've burned it on to a DVD and tested it on another system, and it works fine.

My gut tells me its something to do with graphics. The Blue Screen kicks in just as the GUI starts.