Re: [Xen-users] How to access the VM, after it had been started without

To: Rafael Weingartner <rafaelweingartner@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] How to access the VM, after it had been started without SSH or VNC.
From: Todd Deshane <todd.deshane@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2011 22:27:47 -0400
Cc: Xen-user-list <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Thu, 16 Jun 2011 19:29:31 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:sender:in-reply-to:references:from :date:x-google-sender-auth:message-id:subject:to:cc:content-type; bh=PYk8yxL07bjrz6X5g7+zW/XTYW05YIeJrVtUo148clk=; b=KihEK4phb9YwtO2byonCdC/PdV0s0bk7xH+ZW+E9PB5QIKp8XsuJMiBSsihaLX1P0G 3aIALk+5SFvbnIuqHN/LC+IkMB7NA1xTfSBBN6bgb42rAk1RNiDuNzezi3IQjdo9lPPN cbjAFuhGsUH4jZVZPfop9OSmY5lln2IGXYIeY=
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Thu, Jun 16, 2011 at 5:13 PM, Rafael Weingartner
<rafaelweingartner@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hey guys,
> I created a VM following those steps Installing a Debian Lenny VM from a
> network repository (using the CLI) :
> http://docs.vmd.citrix.com/XenServer/5.6.0fp1/1.0/en_gb/guest.html#insalling_demo_linux_VM
>
> But after I start the VM, I don't know how to access the VM to install the
> O.S.
> The way that is written in the tutorial made me think that in the xen prompt
> I should be able to use the VM. But it is not happening. After I run the
> start command I am getting the xen server prompt.
> I can see that the VM is running, but I do not know how to access it.
> Do you guys know what I have to do to access the VM?

I would recommend install openxenmanager or another management tool
found on http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/XCP_Projects

This page also gives a sense of more manually accessing the console:
http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/Xen_Cloud_Platform:_Access_to_VM_console

Hope that helps.

Thanks,
Todd