Re: [Xen-users] XCP - Reclaim diskspace from snapshots on xcp 1.0

To: Kristoffer Egefelt <dr.fersken@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] XCP - Reclaim diskspace from snapshots on xcp 1.0
From: Denis Cardon <denis.cardon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 14 May 2011 20:35:46 +0200
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Sat, 14 May 2011 11:37:02 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi Kristoffer,

Saw that there's a patch for xenserver 5.6fp1 which should fix this:

http://support.citrix.com/article/CTX129267

Anybody know if/when this will happen on XCP?

I have the same problem - disk usage remains the same after snapshot
deletion - this is in the log on the pool master:

vhd-util: libvhd::vhd_validate_footer: invalid footer cookie: ÇÇÇÇÇÇÇÇ

This guy has the same issue:
http://forums.citrix.com/message.jspa?messageID=1516184

I think I bumped into the same issue yesterday. I have already been through the pages you mention, and as you do, I am wondering if the patch is compatible with XCP.

Have you tried to apply this patch on your pool?

Cheers,

Denis

Thanks

Regards