Re: [Xen-users] virt-install error while starting vm installation on Cen

To: Mithun Gore <mithungore@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] virt-install error while starting vm installation on Centos 5.5, xen3.2
From: Joseph Glanville <joseph.glanville@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 8 May 2011 18:38:49 +1000
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Sun, 08 May 2011 01:40:03 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

This indicates a problem with your networking configuration.

I assume you are using bridged networking?
Check firstly that a bridge exists with:
brctl show

If there are no bridges returned then you need to set one up in order
to create a virtual machine with a network adapter.
Also check that in /etc/xen/xend-config that the vif-script vif-bridge
line is uncommented.

Joseph.

On 7 May 2011 00:47, Mithun Gore <mithungore@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>      I have compiled xen3.2 from the source code for linux kernel 2.6.18
> 64bit with new xen-linux kernel.
>
> There are following issues. If someone please put some light on this then it
> will be great help for me.
>

> 1. My xm info, xm list are working fine. But when I am trying to create new
> virtual
>     machine, it gives me following error

>  Unable to complete install 'libvirt.libvirtError POST operation failed:
> xend_post: error
>  from xen daemon: (xend.err 'Device 0 (vif) could not be connected. Hotplug
> scripts not
>  working.')
>  Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtManager/create.py", line 730, in
> do_install
>     dom = guest.start_install(False, meter = meter)
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/virtinst/Guest.py", line 541, in
> start_install
>     return self._do_install(consolecb, meter, removeOld, wait)
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/virtinst/Guest.py", line 633, in
> _do_install
>     self.domain = self.conn.createLinux(install_xml, 0)
>   File "/usr/lib64/python2.4/site-packages/libvirt.py", line 1277, in
> createLinux
>     if ret is None:raise libvirtError('virDomainCreateLinux() failed',
> conn=self)
>  libvirtError: POST operation failed: xend_post: error from xen daemon:
> (xend.err  'Device 0 (vif) could not be connected. Hotplug scripts not
> working.')
>
> Please help me :)
>
> --
> Mithun