Re: [Xen-users] GPLPV drivers suspected to hinder live migration to diff

To: "James Harper" <james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] GPLPV drivers suspected to hinder live migration to different CPU type
From: Bart Coninckx <bart.coninckx@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2011 10:18:09 +0200
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Thu, 31 Mar 2011 01:19:29 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

On Wednesday 30 March 2011 13:19:06 James Harper wrote:

> > I actually did that and in xentop you see the memory being built up to

> the

> > actual value and then the DomU just disappears. If you do it the other

> way,

> > the machine is migrated, but if you migrate back, the migration seems

> to take

> > for ever and the original DomU has crashed with a blue screen.

> What is the BSoD code?

> If you are running the debug version of the driver, there should be some

> useful stuff in /var/log/xen/qemu-dm-<domu name>.log which could help me

> debug the problem.

> James

I just uninstalled the GPLPV drivers on this one DomU and rebooting it after results into a BSoD with code 0x0000007B. This one is probably different from the ones we get when live migrating. I will restore the guest, but I'm afraid I can't test without the GPLPV drivers.

B.