Re: [Xen-users] XenServer console displays bootup but can't receive keyb

To: Pandu Poluan <pandu@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] XenServer console displays bootup but can't receive keyboard input?
From: Melody Bliss <melodybliss@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2011 12:56:33 -0700
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Thu, 24 Mar 2011 12:58:48 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date :message-id:subject:from:to:cc:content-type; bh=kaL9HP78j2oaxlGQWg4AUtJkCiDSXtlygVGZHqVDUVk=; b=C3SOhvYjHuBADaHb7e3G7EF5EtqL9GDQ+4s8mtSRCrsAKVLk20RkQzY2u8VWeUtlGM MD03QXqU5Vo1krPEi+7gd76I25t4WeCqIxrqCOk+Q//kCsvz+9uBHFRuZaBEhuPcpMKA wxRpnJKh/zr1BQ356rvQPN8pzcs+9CBouBrc0=
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Check /etc/inittab. Do you still have a console device?

When connected to the console, on another terminal, after logging in
via ssh, type "echo test > /dev/console"

does test show up on the console connection? If so, the console is
connected, but getty may not be running on it.

We had a similar issue where the inittab somehow got
overwritten/modified that removed the console getty

Mel

On Thu, Mar 24, 2011 at 4:48 AM, Pandu Poluan <pandu@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I'm currently trying to run Gentoo paravirtualized on XenServer.
>
> It *is* running... except that the XenServer console refused any
> input, so I can't login via the console.
>
> Login via SSH is okay, though.
>
> What makes me confused is that the console properly shows the bootup
> process, up to and including the "login:" prompt. But I can't type
> anything.
>
> What could be the problem?
>
> FYI, I am using Gentoo's hardened-sources
>
> Rgds,
> --
> Pandu E Poluan
> ~ IT Optimizer ~