Re: [Xen-users] Inas Ahmed, policy on spammers?

To: rudi@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Inas Ahmed, policy on spammers?
From: Henrik Andersson <henrik.j.andersson@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2011 10:14:38 +0200
Cc: xenList <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Wed, 16 Mar 2011 01:15:35 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date :message-id:subject:from:to:cc:content-type; bh=RwpeYOk74DWTAFJirwSOswtUnGq8ac+sWkq8GeIWLIg=; b=iezbEOQX4pyV0A1PaTf19AG6HmhCBf1pLSpVpAYQhLmZtfIiWw4eJaHHHIvoWZX+S8 v7aUkAWC5gOg5BStLwjsFUnAw1fC8GFwa32UeSbZkTQg7PxVBGj4bziv/qboXamiX7/l wHbrsh7n0pX7DnzXCL+W3264mjoMLi30xidt0=
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On 15 March 2011 13:05 he sent the email as Inas Mohamed
On 15 March 2011 14:50 he sent it again, just added "Sorry for posting again, but because the subject."
On 16 March 2011 07:16 He sent it again, this time as Inas Ahmed
On 16 March 2011 09:19 He send's the orginal email, this time including my comment about re-sending not helping him.

I have no grievance with him, and like I said, this is not personal to me. It just seemed to me that re-sending the same question fourth time, after I said "You can of course send this exact same message for the fourth time, but you still wouldn't get any more audience or answers." would mean something. Not sure why would any one do so, maybe you do, it just seemed like a statement of some sorts.

I didn't mean to be rude to him, I actually meant my reply to him to be informative, not an insult.

Not sure what you mean by:
"And, instead of trying to help you, you flame him. Is that how you
treat other people who know less than you?"

I didn't answer to the question, because I don't know how to do so. I also have difficulties understanding where you got the idea of me or some one else thinking that I would know more than he does. Relevance of who knows and how much related to some one spamming the list escapes me.

"There you have it. Another user left the XEN project cause some stiff on the list gave him some grief about something which he wasn't even aware of. "
I'm pretty sure it's not that uncommon to advice against re-posting the exact same message over and over again, but if indeed he left this list just because of my stiffness, I really am sorry, even tho I still think I wasn't doing anything wrong when I told him my opinnion about re-sending the same question. Do you Rudi think, that re-sending is good practice or help's getting answers? Would you encourage that sort of behaviour?

-Henrik Andersson