[Xen-users] migration of old ghost image files/backup-ed systems

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] migration of old ghost image files/backup-ed systems
From: fpt stl <fptstl@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2011 13:18:59 -0600
Delivery-date: Thu, 10 Mar 2011 11:20:07 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Greetings,

I need to provide access to some rather old systems for which there is no physical box anymore - were discarded several years ago.
However, I need to revive these old systems for which I have only Ghost backups.
A couple of these systems are Windows 2000 SP3, one Windows 2000 Server, a couple of Windows XP SP2, and one Windows XP SP1.
I can create LVs for each of them, and I might have access to their file systems in their respective LVs.

What would be a common procedure to follow to be able to have all these systems boot properly?

Would it be possible to create a "local" network inside the DomUs to which only these DomUs can have access?

Please be as detailed as you can with your suggestions since I am in a very "hostile territory" and I need ALL the help I can get.

Many thanks,

Frank

P.S. Dom0 is a CentOS 5.5 64bit systems running XEN 3.4.3