[Xen-users] Xen Cloud Platform: Import VMWare Guest

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Xen Cloud Platform: Import VMWare Guest
From: ryanb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2011 19:38:13 -0000
Delivery-date: Mon, 28 Feb 2011 11:39:02 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi all,

Forgive me if this has been answered already, but after a day of Googling
I either can't find what I'm looking for, or I'm throwing the wrong terms
at Google.

Note: I'm new to Xen, but not virtualization in general.

I recently downloaded and installed XCP 1.0RC3 (Xen Cloud Platform
http://www.xen.org/products/cloudxen.html) onto a spare HP pizzabox.

I successfully gotten a Win Server 2k3 VM built and running on it so I've
at least verified that the system is operating normally.

I've also gotten OpenXenManager to talk to the XCP platform (a little
buggy, but it works).

I now want to transfer/convert over an existing VMWare guest from another
system onto the XCP system.  I've found plenty of documentation on
converting the VMDK to an IMG via Qemu, which I have done; however, I
can't seem to figure out how to get it onto the XCP system.

It seems that the only interfaces I've got to actually interact with the
XCP box is a) OpenXenManager and b) Dom0.  Is there not a "bare metal"
interface for me to get down to the actual disk so I can import the VMWare
image into (what I assume to be) a LVM partition?  ... Or am I going about
this import the wrong way?

Thanks!