Re: [Xen-users] problem with attaching my vm's to console

To: Yamini L <lpyamini@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] problem with attaching my vm's to console
From: "Fajar A. Nugraha" <list@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2011 13:32:27 +0700
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Sun, 20 Feb 2011 22:33:48 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Mon, Feb 21, 2011 at 1:08 PM, Yamini L <lpyamini@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I am trying to run 2 xen virtual machines simultaneously..
>
> I booted up the first virtual machine  and its using  xvc0  when i attach to
> its console..
>
> My another virtual machine(domain) is created..There is no problem with
> that..when i do xm li, i could see 2 vm;s running..
>
>  But this process of booting another vm gets stuck in between as the vm
> waits for xvc0..Since its already used by another vm, the second vm creation
> via xm create is not going to completion..
>
> How do i overcome this issue and enable logging into 2 virtual machines
> simultaneously ??

Each domU has it's own xvc0.
You can run two "xm console" process, each connects to a different
domU, without a problem.

So the question now is what do you mean by

"But this process of booting another vm gets stuck in between as the vm
 waits for xvc0.."

cause I never see a vm WAITs for xvc0. What usually happens is that
you forget to create an inittab entry that spawns getty on xvc0.

So following that, your statement "Since its already used by another
vm, the second vm creation
via xm create is not going to completion.." does not make sense, since
one domU's xvc0 is independent of other domUs.

--
Fajar