Re: [Xen-users] Transitioning from multi-boot to Xen

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Transitioning from multi-boot to Xen
From: Chris Jones <cjns1989@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2011 01:26:24 -0500
Delivery-date: Mon, 07 Feb 2011 22:27:46 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Mon, Feb 07, 2011 at 10:56:05PM EST, Todd Deshane wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 28, 2011 at 3:31 AM, Chris Jones <cjns1989@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

[..]

> > Has anyone a working environment based on debian squeeze and Xen
> > 4.0, and if so, could they either point me to the documentation that
> > they used or even post a sample grub2 stanza?

> Google results for 'grub2 xen' seem good
>
> For example:
> http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-users/2010-06/msg00761.html
>
> Hope that helps.

:-) it might have.. but since squeeze went stable over the weekend,
I reinstalled from scratch, followed the same instructions I had found
in the debian/xen wiki, and now I'm up and running..

With my luck, I probably was hit by some bug that got fixed the next
day.

Still not sure whether Xen is the way to go when you want to get rid of
multi-booting, but now at least I can play with it and hopefully learn
enough to make an informed decision.

Thanks,

cj