Re: [Xen-users] Which distro to use for Dom0

To: Christian Zoffoli <czoffoli@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Which distro to use for Dom0
From: Bastian Blank <bastian@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2011 20:39:12 +0100
Cc: Donny Brooks <dbrooks@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Fri, 14 Jan 2011 11:40:21 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Wed, Jan 12, 2011 at 07:00:59PM +0100, Christian Zoffoli wrote:
> debian and xen are actually in different planets ...live migration is a
> pain and there are many problems in general.

I miss your bugreports.
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?src=xen;include=originator:czoffoli%40xmerlin.org
shows none.

> If you whant something stable, updated and so on, suse sles 11 sp1 is
> the way.

If you want heavily patched software that can't be supported by anyone
else, yes, then you want SLES.

> - it has a fully working and certified infiniband stack

And Linux does not?

> - suse xen kernel is also the starting point of the citrix xenserver

And is not supported outside of SuSE in any way.

Bastian

--
Our way is peace.
                -- Septimus, the Son Worshiper, "Bread and Circuses",