Re: [Xen-users] XEN domU + btrfs

On Fri, Dec 31, 2010 at 12:28 AM, Marcin Kuk <marcin.kuk@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Anybody tried to use btrfs on rootfs / in domU with pygrub?
>
> I tried and realised that pygrub can't use btrfs.
> Workaround is to make /boot outside rootfs, but pygrub search kernel
> in directory /boot.

No it doesn't.
You might be confused by paths in grub's menu.lst, which can be easily edited.

> It can be workaround via softlink on /boot, but...
> too much workarounds.

The usual workaround of having an ext3 partition as /boot and
whatever-you-want as root should work just fine. I've been using it
for ext4 root (which is not supported on some version of grub).

from my /boot/grub/menu.lst:
title           Ubuntu 10.04.1 LTS, kernel 2.6.32-26-server
root            (hd0,0)
kernel          /vmlinuz-2.6.32-26-server root=LABEL=ROOT ro
initrd          /initrd.img-2.6.32-26-server
quiet

# mount | grep xvda
/dev/xvda3 on / type ext4 (rw,noatime,errors=remount-ro)
/dev/xvda1 on /boot type ext3 (rw,noatime)

--
Fajar