Re: [Xen-users] Yet another question about multiple NICs

Philippe Combes wrote:

So, last thing to check: the udev rules. The only related issue I
found in my Google searches was that the interfaces were not named
properly across the reboots. I have no such issue. Am I wrong, or is
there something else to fix in the udev rules ?

With current versions of Debian the default is that NICs get consistent names. The first time a NIC is seen, udev will assign it the next available number and create a persistent rule for it so it will not change number in the future. The rules are stored in (IIRC) /dev/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-net-rules where you can change them - personally I like to rename them to more useful names like ethext, ethint, etc.

--
Simon Hobson