[Xen-users] how to create pv domU use xm

To: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] how to create pv domU use xm
From: 立新 牛 <nlxswig@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2010 03:59:05 +0000
Delivery-date: Wed, 15 Dec 2010 20:01:16 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
hi all
      In the past, I always use the hvm domU, now, I want to know how to create the pv domU.
   but I can't understand the configure file of pv which is given by an example int /etc/xen/:
   such as:

 #============================================================================
# Python configuration setup for 'xm create'.
# This script sets the parameters used when a domain is created using 'xm create'.
# You use a separate script for each domain you want to create, or
# you can set the parameters for the domain on the xm command line.
#============================================================================

#----------------------------------------------------------------------------
# PV GR UB image file.
kernel = "pv-grub.gz"

# Optional provided menu.lst.
#ramdisk = "/boot/guests/menu.lst"

# Sets path to menu.lst
extra = "(hd0,0)/boot/grub/menu.lst"
# can be a TFTP-served path (DHCP will automatically be run)
# extra = "(nd)/netboot/menu.lst"
# can be configured automatically by GRUB's DHCP option 150 (see grub manual)
# extra = ""

# Initial memory allocation (in megabytes) for the new domain.
#
# WARNING: Creating a domain with insufficient memory may cause out of
#          memory errors. The domain needs enough memory to boot kernel
#          and modules. Allocating less than 32MBs is not recommended.
memory = 128

# A name for your domain. All domains must have different names.
name = "ExampleDomain"

# 128-bit UUID for the domain.  The default behavior is to generate a new UUID
# on each call to 'xm create'.
#uuid = "06ed00fe-1162-4fc4-b5d8-11993ee4a8b9"

# List of which CPUS this domain is allowed to use, default Xen picks
#cpus = ""         # leave to Xen to pick
#cpus = "0"        # all vcpus run on CPU0
#cpus = "0-3,5,^1" # all vcpus run on cpus 0,2,3,5
#cpus = ["2", "3"] # VCPU0 runs on CPU2, VCPU1 runs on CPU3

# Number of Virtual CPUS to use, default is 1
#vcpus = 1

#----------------------------------------------------------------------------
# Define network interfaces.

# By default, no network interfaces are configured.  You may have one created
# with sensible defaults using an empty v if clause:
#
# vif = [ '' ]
#
# or optionally override backend, bridge, ip, mac, script, type, or vifname:
#
# vif = [ 'mac=00:16:3e:00:00:11, bridge=xenbr0' ]
#
# or more than one interface may be configured:
#
# vif = [ '', 'bridge=xenbr1' ]

vif = [ '' ]

#----------------------------------------------------------------------------
# Define the disk devices you want the domain to have access to, and
# what you want them accessible as.
# Each disk entry is of the form phy:UNAME,DEV,MODE
# where UNAME is the device, DEV is the device name the domain will see,
# and MODE is r for read-only, w for read-write.

disk = [ 'phy:hda1,hda1,w' ]

I can't understand what's the extra = "(hd0,0)/boot/grub/menu.lst" means
whose menu.lst stand for ? dom0 or domU?
if I want to boot from cdrom, what should I do?

on the other side, what modifications should I do on the domU kernel src?

thanks a lot.