[Xen-users] XCP 0.5: noob: how can i access the network in the post-inst

To: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] XCP 0.5: noob: how can i access the network in the post-install-script?
From: "Joe Linoff" <jlinoff@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2010 11:22:37 -0800
Cc: Joe Linoff <jlinoff@xxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Mon, 29 Nov 2010 11:23:53 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Folks:

Why can’t I access the network from the post-install-script?

I am trying to access the internal LAN in the post-install-script when the XCP hypervisor is initially installed. Here are some of the commands I tried:

1.      ping –w 5 192.168.3.1

2.      service network status

3.      /sbin/service network status

4.      /etc/init.d/network status

All of them failed with a return status that was not zero. My other post-install-script commands like wget http://192.168.3.1/post-install.sh worked. Furthermore, all of the above command worked when I logged into the command shell after the installation.

Thanks,

Joe