Re: [Xen-users] domU loses network after a while

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] domU loses network after a while
From: Nathan Friess <nathan@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2010 09:04:07 -0700
Delivery-date: Mon, 15 Nov 2010 08:11:03 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Rudi Ahlers wrote:
You need to try and figure out why the load is so often. I have seen
many times that when the load goes high, network activity drops. Maybe
the server is overloaded? If you have too high IO use, it will start
consuming RAM & CPU above what is needed and cause high load.

Thanks for the suggestion. I did figure out why there was high load. Because the network is down, cfengine in the domU was getting stuck and several cfagent processes were building up. I killed them all off and that brought the load down to 0 again. No change in the networking though, so my guess is that was not a cause, but a result of the network issue.

Nathan