Re: [Xen-users] can't connect to dhcp after bridging

To: <dierre@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] can't connect to dhcp after bridging
From: "Nick Couchman" <Nick.Couchman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 06 Nov 2010 12:07:36 -0600
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Sat, 06 Nov 2010 11:08:59 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Okay, your ifconfig and brctl output looks fine...something else is going on,
and I'm short on ideas right now...

>>> Emanuele Ianni  11/05/10 7:44 PM >>>
Can you be more specific? How do I check it? My ifconfig is

eth0      Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 00:13:77:BC:E5:67
          inet addr:192.168.1.3  Bcast:192.168.1.255  Mask:255.255.255.0
          inet6 addr: fe80::213:77ff:febc:e567/64 Scope:Link
          collisions:0 txqueuelen:0
          RX bytes:27331120 (26.0 MiB)  TX bytes:1245843 (1.1 MiB)

lo        Link encap:Local Loopback
          inet addr:127.0.0.1  Mask:255.0.0.0
          inet6 addr: ::1/128 Scope:Host
          UP LOOPBACK RUNNING  MTU:16436  Metric:1
          collisions:0 txqueuelen:0
          RX bytes:6578733 (6.2 MiB)  TX bytes:6578733 (6.2 MiB)

peth0     Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr FE:FF:FF:FF:FF:FF
          inet6 addr: fe80::fcff:ffff:feff:ffff/64 Scope:Link
          UP BROADCAST RUNNING NOARP  MTU:1500  Metric:1
          collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000
          RX bytes:27325244 (26.0 MiB)  TX bytes:1263008 (1.2 MiB)
          Interrupt:253 Base address:0xe000

vif0.0    Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr FE:FF:FF:FF:FF:FF
          inet6 addr: fe80::fcff:ffff:feff:ffff/64 Scope:Link
          UP BROADCAST RUNNING NOARP  MTU:1500  Metric:1
          collisions:0 txqueuelen:0
          RX bytes:1245843 (1.1 MiB)  TX bytes:27331120 (26.0 MiB)

virbr0    Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 00:00:00:00:00:00
          inet addr:192.168.122.1  Bcast:192.168.122.255  Mask:255.255.255.0
          inet6 addr: fe80::200:ff:fe00:0/64 Scope:Link
          collisions:0 txqueuelen:0
          RX bytes:0 (0.0 b)  TX bytes:9034 (8.8 KiB)

xenbr0    Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr FE:FF:FF:FF:FF:FF
          UP BROADCAST RUNNING NOARP  MTU:1500  Metric:1
          collisions:0 txqueuelen:0
          RX bytes:38818 (37.9 KiB)  TX bytes:0 (0.0 b)

And brctl show gives:

[root@localhost ~]# brctl show
virbr0          8000.000000000000       yes
xenbr0          8000.feffffffffff       no              peth0
                                                        vif0.0

2010/11/5 Nick Couchman