[Xen-users] Xen Cloud platform and xenserver 5.6

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Xen Cloud platform and xenserver 5.6
From: kibirango moses <kibsmoses@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2010 14:36:45 +0300
Delivery-date: Thu, 28 Oct 2010 04:38:09 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:received:date:message-id :subject:from:to:content-type; bh=NEGLZ11uqLfQahHhumoUSdMFJQfzlFiRhQjU/gOt8ew=; b=hiJz4TUQ5MV+bhE+k9XbullQZi44qZzrWpE7rpxUsdezg6/+LKwgm4j4xQv5R6UOwm Q0carCfZw9SgdiAwqFxlgtxttcHyypFLlUHVu877Lv/vCKKL6qnIdpx4E/WYpLcVkRe4 M1NJnJTNaaMGnsZSFY/2SFQHCmPbkJp1DidAM=
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hullo Everybody

I am a new user of Xen cloud platform and xenserver 5.6 and i have had a bit of time trying to install dom0 and domU . I would like advice on both on which is the best to usr for a production platform.
During the installation of my domUs' i noticed that some drivers are missing like (modules for dev/xvd*) in xen 3.4.2 which is the base installation media,

1) what  is the latest xen kernel today that is supported by the base installation download. because it looks like xen kernel 4.0.1 looks more compatible with pvops kernels.

2) I would want to use xen 4.01 for my production platform from the base installatio n where can i get the latest download for both the xenserver 5.6 and XCP . Or how best can i do it i.e have a xen hypervisor with the xen kernel 4.0.1 , how can i upgrading and patching up the base installation from 3.4.2 to 4.0.1

 3) What other solutions ca i have for XCP and XS-5.6 installation without using / adopting the base installation download . Is it acceptable to install xen 4.0.1 over linux like slackware or Ubuntu .

Are the functionalities maintained as a hypervisor using that method?

thanx