RE: [Xen-users] best practices in using shared storage forXENVirtualMach

To: "'xen-users'" <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] best practices in using shared storage forXENVirtualMachines and auto-failover?
From: <admin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2010 09:37:05 -0500
Delivery-date: Fri, 15 Oct 2010 07:38:53 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
You would export the NFS so the dom0 can connect to it to store data.  The
domU would not need to access the NFS share (or iSCSI target or what ever
storage you used).  As far as the domU are concerned, the targets that the
dom0 has mounted would simply appear to be local drives.

This is actually what I want to know as well.

I know the different technologies (AOE / iSCSI / NFS / etc) all have
different pro's & cons, but how do I actually use them optimally?

AOE seems to have less network overhead since it runs on the network
layer and not on TCP or IP, so this is probably a good option to go
for. I'm thinking of setting up a few NAS servers with CentOS + CLVM,
or maybe even a few NAS servers with Gluster and then export the file
systems from them to the XEN servers.

But, do I export it to the dom0, or the domU's directly? That I don't know.

--
Kind Regards
Rudi Ahlers

Website: http://www.SoftDux.com