Re: [Xen-users] how to install pv driver for guest os?

On Mon, Sep 20, 2010 at 9:11 AM, ma qiang <maqiang1984@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>  I am sure I completely followed what http://pastebin.com/fb6fe631 teaches
> me to do

Did you do what I asked to check in my previous mail? Quote:

"

"

> I still got some puzzles which I hope you could shed some light on:
> (1) the guest os kernel version in http://pastebin.com/fb6fe631 is
> 2.6.18-128 , while I was doing experiment on CentOS 5.4, whose kernel
> version is 2.6.18-164. Don't know if this could be a reason why I failed?

"Failed" and "perform worse" are two different things. Check wheter
the drivers is correctly used first (see first quote above)

> (2) I installed the domain0 xen environment by "yum install xen kernel-xen",
> instead of building from xen source code. So I am wondering is there any
> domain0 factor that might have affected my result? or is there anything I
> should do, or at least check on domain0?

Check what dom0's performance numbers are.
Other than that, I can't think of anything else right now. As an
alternative though, for network you might want to try specifying e1000
as NIC model on domU config file. Others have mentioned that it
performs better compared to the default realtek emulated model.

--
Fajar