Re: [Xen-users] A bit help needed

To: "Fajar A. Nugraha" <fajar@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] A bit help needed
From: Miladin Stojkovic <mikilance@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2010 07:48:41 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Thu, 02 Sep 2010 07:49:41 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoo.com; s=s1024; t=1283438922; bh=h2QCuE8URdiu9crEK+fGRYEh59/gbe9jbV4oEmyAam8=; h=Message-ID:X-YMail-OSG:Received:X-Mailer:Date:From:Subject:To:Cc:In-Reply-To:MIME-Version:Content-Type; b=RAAOWDKRKnmVq1S0gcjYhsYTt4KCc8oFNwvhMcuLP+hBrxA39fKsCOSAL5MCvGfg5eJ8z0zx8nhd7c+zLv+R91959fFrVy+S7zD8sNLIEizy5rNg2aFoXQjcnoIYEaFcE5Ky9m/tGJ/eUpRGXZu0mdFX0pOeny1zFtORklUNy3I=
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> > I cant use bridge cause of being able to use only 1
> mac per interface. Now question is , can i hide my domU macs
> if i use bridge somehow ?
>
> Does that mean you only have one public IP address as well?
> If yes,
> simply using bridged networking and virbr0 bridge will
> solve your
> problem, as it does the NAT setup for you.
>

> > I alrdy have the above mentioned setup in domU conf ,
> with mac and vifname , and i get tap1.0 and vifvm101.0
> interfaces(my name for static interface for domU).
>
> Then the easiest way for you is to use PV drivers on domU,
> like GPLPV
> for Windows domUs. It will then route traffic thru the vif
> (not the
> tap).
>
> Upgrading to Xen 4 on Centos is possible, but not easy (as
> you have to
> change the kernel as well)
>
> --
> Fajar

Ok
First i have public ips for all domUs needed , and i need to use public ips. Is
there any chance in that way to use nat for only mac?

2nd. Do you think i should go for xen 4 ? Or xen 4 has same problem with route
and bridge ?

And finaly , i used PV drivers on 1 centos domU , and it worked , but after
first restart , its all back to tap interface again , even thou modprobe.conf
is setup to use pv drivers.

Tnx for help!

Zoran