[Xen-users] Slow windows network with gplpv driver.

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Slow windows network with gplpv driver.
From: John McMonagle <johnm@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2010 10:25:24 -0500
Delivery-date: Tue, 24 Aug 2010 08:26:37 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Have 4 xen servers with windows domains.
2 work OK and 2 have xp domains with slow network performance.

Doing most of the testing on a xen system that currently is not in production.
Running xen 4.0 with 2.6.32 kernel from lenny backports.
Have xp service pack3 freshly installed with no updates.
Installed gplpv gplpv_XP_0.11.0.213.msi

hdtack gives 60mb/sec which is good
iperf gives ~15Mbits/sec
Without gplpv is about hte same.
A linux pv domu gives 686Mbits/sec
Shows it as using Xen Net Device Driver.

Things that I have tried that did not help:
Disable Checksum Offload.
Disable Large Send Offload.
Disable Scatter/Gather.
Adding /patchptr  to boot.ini