Re: [Xen-users] Arp not sent after live migrations on xen-unstable

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Arp not sent after live migrations on xen-unstable
From: George Shuklin <george.shuklin@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2010 04:53:45 +0400
Delivery-date: Wed, 18 Aug 2010 17:55:34 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:subject:from:to:in-reply-to :references:content-type:date:message-id:mime-version:x-mailer :content-transfer-encoding; bh=q00DWENhZ0nAORKoRzYmXlvQZSMcDF3sFugPzLQT6Ko=; b=vitpgOClxI8joW8BDXkriLMrvRFUCGW3J8Rz1m7zffgh0YTZncuWMKh5acTJToNsJP hK8csKeCE3TEVKKc8T6GexCqMXmMYzC8CM/jv1sue2qBel7+D+Obc6TnV1IEgsTpTp1V neC1xDrzsYjv3NsiH4pvKzt4hDe1V64bvsyvs=
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I'm pretty concerned about this problem.

Right now: I suppose, it was fixed somewhere in new netfront driver.
(not checked).

If no, I have few ideas about workaround. Main is an event via xen-evtch
about suspending. Small module/appilcation in guest can sent a fake ARP
every time it got suspend event. Other is using xenstore to send command
to program from host. (both are ugly hacks).

Best way is still fake ARP from netback or netfront...