Re: [Xen-users] Xen-DRBD Migration question

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Xen-DRBD Migration question
From: Jonathan Dye <jdye@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2010 11:56:47 -0600
Delivery-date: Tue, 10 Aug 2010 10:56:13 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

To do this with a paused domain requires that you copy between the hosts the
state file that is created when you pause the domain - but I've not done
this so I am not 100% sure as to if this actually works or what the pitfalls
are.
that sounds like it should work. if i recall, internally both pause and migrate use xc_save() and xc_restore(). the only difference in the way they are called is that during a migrate the file descriptor passed to each happens to be a socket, where it's a regular file during pause and unpause.

- jonathan