RE: [Xen-API] XCP upgrade

To: 'Boris Quiroz' <bquiroz.work@xxxxxxxxx>, "xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, 'Xen List' <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-API] XCP upgrade
From: Stephen Spector <stephen.spector@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2010 09:52:36 -0400
Accept-language: en-US
Acceptlanguage: en-US
Delivery-date: Tue, 10 Aug 2010 06:52:48 -0700
Sender: xen-api-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I've a sort of production server running XCP 0.1.1 (called ironman),
with 6 or 7 VM. One of this is critical (a DB server). I've another
server, with XCP 0.5 (called megaman) and a pool on it.

- What I want to do: put ironman into megaman's pool but, obviously,
it can't be done because the server has different versions.
- What I plan to do: upgrade ironman from 0.1.1 to 0.5, but I want to
reduce the downtime and I want to be sure this is going to work OK.
So, if anybody already did this upgrade I want to know if everything
works fine after, this means: no VM problems, no network/storage
issues, etc.
- What I don't want to do: upgrade to 0.5 and reinstall all the VMs.

Any tip/advice will be great =)

Boris:

I did the upgrade from XCP 0.1 to XCP 0.5 yesterday with no problems. Took
about 10 minutes total and all my VMs are still on the new XCP 0.5 machine and
worked for me. I am sure people have also done this upgrade as well and have
copied xen-users to this email to get their feedback as well. Thanks.

Stephen Spector

Xen.org Community Manager
T: (772) 621-5062 | M: (954) 854-4257
stephen.spector@xxxxxxx