[Xen-users] More PCI Passthrough Questions

Subject: [Xen-users] More PCI Passthrough Questions
From: "Nick Couchman" <Nick.Couchman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2010 13:52:01 -0600
Delivery-date: Fri, 18 Jun 2010 12:53:52 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Seems like it's the only thing I ask about these days :-).  I'm having some
more troubles with PCI pass-through.  I finally did get the processors with the
VTd technology, and that seems to be working fine.  I'm running on a Dell
PowerEdge R310, however, and am seeing a situation where, as soon as I try to
start an HVM domU with PCI devices passed through, my network interface goes
haywire and starts spewing packets onto the network.  It eventually renders
just about everything attached to the same switch unusable.

I'm not certain, but I think this may be related to PCI IRQ sharing.  If I look
at dmesg output, I see that my on-board network card gets assigned the same IRQ
as the PCIe serial card I'm trying to pass through to my domU.  Can anyone
confirm that this is the case, and suggest any options?  The BIOS on the PE
R310 doesn't have a lot of configuration - it'll let you assign some IRQs, but
it ties quite a few of the devices together on the same IRQs and does not let
you separate them.

Thanks, in advance, for any help!
-Nick

--------
This e-mail may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole use
of the intended recipient.  If this email is not intended for you, or you are
not responsible for the delivery of this message to the intended recipient,
please note that this message may contain SEAKR Engineering (SEAKR)
Privileged/Proprietary Information.  In such a case, you are strictly
prohibited from downloading, photocopying, distributing or otherwise using this
message, its contents or attachments in any way.  If you have received this
message in error, please notify us immediately by replying to this e-mail and
delete the message from your mailbox.  Information contained in this message
that does not relate to the business of SEAKR is neither endorsed by nor
attributable to SEAKR.