RE: [Xen-users] My future plan

To: "Robert Dunkley" <Robert@xxxxxxxxx>, <Xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] My future plan
From: "Jonathan Tripathy" <jonnyt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2010 16:20:12 +0100
Delivery-date: Tue, 08 Jun 2010 08:21:37 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi Rob,

Since this is just an idea at this stage, and that we are just starting out, we want to build up our rack over time. The Dell R210 is the best we can afford at the minute. Maybe, after the first 4 or 5 R210, I could look into getting servers with Dual CPUs in them so more guests can run. Initally, each server will be handling its own storage using RAID1.

The Dell R210s do come with dual on-board NICs, however I need one of them for the internet connection, unless of course I used VLANs and just used the on-board NICs?

I'm very confused about the RAID cards. I've never really worked with these before, so all advice is appreciated. With the number of total VMs running around 100, do you think I'll notice much of a difference between SATA and SAS?

Thanks