Re: [Xen-users] Xen-Kernel "freezes" X11

To: xen-users List <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Xen-Kernel "freezes" X11
From: Andrew Lyon <andrew.lyon@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2010 19:10:04 +0100
Delivery-date: Mon, 07 Jun 2010 11:11:15 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:received:in-reply-to :references:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; bh=x9+GVFvRc9jZxNfbMDX21fcMyHfofcBP+/OqKce5+Lk=; b=b5tGxzKZtLpsLjaNr1YUMUAqQglBRtvXdOLGu17QfFGr3/AMCgeoh36xIBtbZtKW6w 9aRyuujTcXcKFJHwusFv95m5FABo7y97Gcx4OkZEAh9rFMPqnJ6jj1bIB25USSy0CK5d qQjfTuqdlaUIyi1oS8ndnbJPXueD0lVvSRwNk=
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Sun, Jun 6, 2010 at 9:54 PM, Wolfgang Formann <wformann@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I have here openSuse 11.1 with X11 (using some nvidia graphics) and all
> patches installed.
>
> When I try to switch to some other virtual screen with Ctrl-Alt-Fx then
> the X Server freezes, meaning that not even pressing the numlock key on
> the keyboard causes the led to switch status. Remote access is still
> possible, nothing consumes CPU-cycles, no interesting messages in
> whatever logfile. And this even happens while xdm shows the login screen.
>
> This does not happen when I boot the machine without a Xen-kernel.
>
> Does this ring some bell? Any solution or any area where to search?
>
> Thanks
> Wolfgang

Have you tried using uvesafb driver for framebuffer console? It is
known to work quite well with Xen+Nvidia binary drivers.

Andy