[Xen-users] XCP problems with VM loosing network connection...

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] XCP problems with VM loosing network connection...
From: Peter den Hartog <peterdenhartog@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2010 09:32:49 +0200
Delivery-date: Mon, 07 Jun 2010 00:34:51 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:mime-version:received:from:date :message-id:subject:to:content-type; bh=z03E1o3En3IeQ12/NWLZIn4NAQG0mTMd/qr26EGznrk=; b=GxMZBRvfpxVo89mtbjkC9WxklmQ2PaNaG5GKhjXEkNfllftHzVxmaQrF467xk4HX43 w4fgI0fP7MFdRw2rSfdRowItggGY4XOnaDIZjDeq3rm2HMwvHHWa9jW524TI91BmcP2L AWzBZGQscvgCrobpAOv5hSUeVv7YjAbDJf63o=
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hey everybody,

I have a wierd issue on one of my XCP setup, i am running 8 VM's (all debian 5) on a quadcore i5 with 8 GB ram. They all run fine but randomly one of the VM's looses network connection. Strange thing is, you still got a ifconfig, you can just normaly restart the network interface with /etc/init.d/networking restart and you see it comming up but there is no network connection untill you reboot.

The vm's are all exported from a other system, where they run fine, the problem vm's all got a new network bridge, (recreated it when the crashes started).
I don't mind bugs because it's of course a testing platform (XCP) but they run fine on my other hardware.

The ram of the system is on 72% max, and the cpu load is like 2%/5% so that can't be it.

Is it impossible to run 8 VM's on 1 network interface? Any thing else i can check, any Xen logfile for the network interfaces/bridges?

Any help would be great!

Thanks,
Peter