Re: [Xen-users] pfSense HVM

On 02/06/10 20:00, Nicolas Vilz 'niv' wrote:
On 06/02/10 14:56, Jonathan Tripathy wrote:

*From:* xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx on behalf of Nicolas Vilz
'niv'
*Sent:* Mon 31/05/2010 17:10
*To:* xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
*Subject:* Re: [Xen-users] pfSense HVM

On 05/31/10 15:40, Jonathan Tripathy wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
>
> I'm having some problems installing pfSense on Xen.
>
> I installed CentOS with the "Virtualisation" option.
>
> I then tried to install pfSense as a DomU, but it won't boot. It says
> "BTX Halted"
What block/disk-backend do you want to use?

i have no problems with blktap2 (meaning vhd image) and lvm. Google
says, your error has todo with your "hard drive".

Which version of pfsense do you want to try?

You will need hvm virtualization for pfsense.

Sincerly
Nicolas

Hi There,

Did you have to compile Xen with any special options to get pfSense
working on an Intel processor?

Or maybe you're using AMD chips?

it works on both. standard ebuild, nothing special. currently on xen-3.4.2-r1 (amd chipset) and xen-4.0.0 (intel chipset).

although, your xen-tools need to have hvm support to work with that.

Still waiting for your config-sniplets, Jonathan.

Sincerly
Nicolas

Sorry for not getting them to you yet Nicolas. I've been recompiling my linux kernels over and over again however this time I'm very close. Infact, BSD boots up now. Will let you know how I progress.

Thanks