Re: [Xen-users] Server hanging - Please help!

On Tue, 2010-06-01 at 15:02 +0200, Niels Dettenbach wrote:
> Am Dienstag 01 Juni 2010, 13:58:22 schrieb James Pifer:
> > Any suggestion on how to troubleshoot this?
>
> You might run xen on the serial console of your machine as you did not have
> access to your VGA buffers / console.
>
> http://en.opensuse.org/How_to_Capture_Xen_Hypervisor_and_Kernel_Messages_using_a_Serial_Cable
> http://www.xen.org/files/xensummit_intel09/xen-debugging.pdf
>
> Xen GDB setup
> http://zhigang.org/files/docbook/xen-faq.html#setup_gdb

The biggest problem for me is that I'm remote to the servers. So a
serial connection will not work for me.

Had another server lockup today. The weird thing is that it's not just
xen that gets hosed. The whole box is hosed, except the host and the VMs
still respond to pings, and you can still view the console, although you
can't do anything in it. It's very strange. I'm trying to find out if
it's related to the SAN or not, but part of the problem is I'm not able
to recreate the issue.

I'm also running a cat to a file of messages and xend.log, so I'm just
waiting to see when it happens again.

James